The William Ross Murray Scholarship is a joint initiative with International Students House (ISH). SOAS will cover the cost of tuition fees at the Overseas rate and ISH will provide free accommodation. The scholarship also provides a small contribution in food vouchers. There is one William Ross Murray Scholarship available.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Field of Study: Full-time LLM
- Must be domiciled in a developing country.
- Possess a good honours degree, preferably first class, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to pursue the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions and receive an unconditional offer by the deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
- Successful candidates will be notified by end-June. If you have not heard from us by end-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: Tuition, Meal and Living expenses
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of Masters programme
How to Apply:
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK Local time) on 20 February 2018.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK Local time) on 20 February 2018
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which opens HERE on the 23rd January 2018.
Award Provider: International Students House (ISH). University of London, School of African Studies (SOAS)