Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Countries – LSHTM, UK
The Jeroen Ensink Memorial scholarship is offered to students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in developing countries and wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development course.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2019 midnight (GMT).
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan or South-Asian Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a scholarship under this fund, applicants must:
- have been accepted onto the 2019/2020 MSc Public Health for Development course; and
- be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries:
- Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with experience and/or interest in the area of water, sanitation, hygiene and public health.
- Applicants must meet the School’s minimum English Language Proficiency Requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
Selection Criteria: The MSc Public Health for Development Course Directors will assess all applications for suitability for the course. Successful applications (i.e. those with applicants who will be made an offer of admission) will be considered for the Scholarship.
The successful applicant and short-listed reserve candidates will be notified of the decision by 1 June 2018.
Number of Awardees: One
Value of Scholarship: A full scholarship covers
- full-time overseas tuition fees for 2019/2020 (including the mandatory field trip fee), and
- flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return on expiry of the scholarship (to be booked by the Scholarships team in Registry), and
- a tax free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applicants should follow both steps outlined in the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) by the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants should be aware that their application for this scholarship award may be considered alongside the documents submitted for their application to the MSc Public Health for Development course.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Please note that Scholarship documents must be uploaded onto the Scholarships Portal before submission.
- By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.