Beit Trust Masters Scholarship for African Students (Fuly-funded to Study in UK or South Africa) 2018
Every year Beit Trust postgraduate (except an MBA and PhD) scholarship for students from Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe to study in choice universities in UK or South Africa.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): United Kingdom (Cambridge University, University of Edinburgh, University of Strathclyde, University of Glasgow, University of Oxford University of Leeds), and South Africa (University if Cape Town, Rhodes University, Stellenbosch University).
Applicants will normally be expected to apply to these partner universities.
About Scholarship: The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Scholarships abroad (except an MBA) to graduates who are domiciled in and are nationals of Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (and only to graduates in these three countries). Scholarships are taken up at a partner university in the United Kingdom, or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Type: Masters (except an MBA)
- All applicants except medical and veterinary doctors must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
- Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is desirable.
- Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year preferably rural posting in the relevant country.
- hold at least a degree of class 2.1, i.e. Merit or Distinction
Number of Scholarship: Not Specified
Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
Payment of a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
Other allowances are paid for: arrival, a laptop, printing of a thesis, and return home.
Economy Class air passages are provided by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and on final return.
- No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
Duration of Scholarship Duration is normally for a one-year taught Master’s in the UK and two years in South Africa.
How to Apply:
- Zimbabweans – the application form can be obtained from Zimbabwe Online Application form
- Malawians – the application form can be obtained from Malawi Online Application form
- Zambians – you will need to complete an initial application form using this online initial application link. Applicants are urged to submit the online form as early as possible to establish whether they would qualify to apply. If you do qualify, a form will be emailed to you and you will be required to provide additional information and details.
Sponsors: Beit Trust
Important Notes: Only those applicants who state that they intend to return to work in the relevant country upon completion of the scholarship, and who can, if short-listed, present themselves for interview before a Beit Postgraduate Scholarship Selection Board in Harare, Blantyre or Lusaka at the beginning of December, will be considered.