Oxford University – Pershing Square Scholarships 2020/2022 for Masters and MBA Students
The University of Oxford in collaboration with Pershing Square Foundation is offering international scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
Application Deadline: January 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: Pershing Square Scholars are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges. The scholarship is if you would like to pursue any of the partnering Master’s degrees and combine it with our MBA. It is also available if you are currently studying one of the Master’s partnering programmes and wish to apply to the MBA program.
Offered Since: 2014
Eligibility: Pershing Square Scholarships are awarded to individuals with the following attributes:
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
These attributes should be highlighted in your MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
Number of Awardees: 5
Value of Scholarship:
- The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship provides funding for tuition, college fees and a contribution towards living expenses for both years of studies.
- You would also benefit from opportunities for mentorship and networking with inspirational individuals and organisations that are part of the Pershing Square Foundation’s community.
- You become integrated into Saïd Business School’s community as soon as you begin your Master’s degree by attending receptions and meetings with our Dean, faculty and other MBA scholars.
- You can access and utilise both your department and Oxford Saïd’s resources and networks throughout both years.
- You will also be invited to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by January 2020.
In addition to the written statement and online assessment required for the Oxford MBA application, 1+1 MBA applicants are required to submit this essay:
- ‘Explain why you see the 1+1 MBA as particularly beneficial for you and how it fits with your career and personal development aims’ (maximum 250 words).
Enquiries about the scholarship should be directed to [email protected]
Award Provider: The Pershing Square Foundation, Oxford University