Rotary Peace Fellowships 2023/2024 Fully-Funded for Masters and Professional Programs
Rotary International offers fully funded Rotary Peace Fellowship for Masters Degree and Professional Development Certificates for young professionals worldwide.
Application Deadline: 15th May 2022
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible
About Fellowship: Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals worldwide to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of its peace centers. These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Watch Video to learn how to apply for the Rotary Peace Fellowship
In just over a decade, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 900 fellows for careers in peacebuilding. Many of them go on to serve as leaders in national governments, NGOs, the military, law enforcement, and international organizations like the United Nations and World Bank.
Two types of peace fellowships are available.
- Master’s degree
Offers master’s degree fellowships at premier universities in fields related to peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Programs last 15 to 24 months and require a practical internship of two to three months during the academic break. Each year, up to 50 master’s degree fellowships are awarded at these institutions: Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA, International Christian University, Japan, University of Bradford, England, University of Queensland, Australia and Uppsala University, Sweden
- Professional development certificate
For experienced professionals working in peace-related fields who want to enhance their professional skills, Rotary offers a three-month program in peace and conflict prevention and resolution at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand. This program incorporates two to three weeks of field study. We award up to 50 certificates each year.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility: The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Fellows are committed to community and international service and the pursuit of peace.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Eligibility restrictions: Rotary Peace Fellowships may not be used for doctoral study. And the following people are not eligible for the master’s degree program:
- Active and honorary Rotary members
- Employees of a Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity
- Spouses, lineal descendants (children or grandchildren by blood or legal adoption), spouses of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents by blood) of any living person in these categories
- Former Rotary members and their relatives as described above (within 36 months of their resignation)
Recipients of Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships or professional development certificate fellowships must wait three years after completion of the scholarship or fellowship to apply for the master’s degree program.
Rotary Peace Fellows who have completed the master’s degree program must wait five years to apply for the certificate program.
Number of Fellowships: up to 100
Value of Rotary Peace Fellowship: The Rotary Peace Fellowship covers:
- -Tuition and fees
- -Room and board
- -Round-trip transportation
- -Internship/field study expenses.
Duration of Fellowship: 15 to 24 months
How to Apply: Candidates have until 15 May to submit applications to their district. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
It is necessary to go through the Application Process on the Fellowship Webpage (see Link below) before applying.