University of Reading Masters and PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Countries – UK
The University of Reading is inviting applications for students of India and other developing countries. These scholarships are available for pursuing full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught Masters programme in September 2019.
Application Deadline: 30th January 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: Under the prestigious Felix Scholarships scheme, one Felix Scholarships will be available to well qualified students to pursue postgraduate study (Masters) at the University, starting their programme in September 2019.
Type: Taught Masters.
- You must demonstrate financial need
- You must possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution
- You must not hold a degree from a University outside your home country
- You must not have studied outside your home country for one year or more
- Candidates are expected by the Trust to return to work in their home country following their study
- You must have been accepted for admission by the University by 30 January 2019 to be considered for shortlisting. You should therefore apply for admission at the earliest opportunity. Candidates who have an academic condition on their offer of admission (such as completion of a qualification they are currently working towards) will need to successfully meet that condition by the short-listing stage in order to be considered for this year’s competition; they should otherwise consider applying to the competition next year.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship:These scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £14,005). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home.
Duration of Scholarship: The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.
How to Apply: Candidates must:
1) Complete an online application for admission to a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Reading and hold an offer of admission by the deadline (30 January 2019).
2) Complete the electronic form at the bottom of this webpage in order to express your interest in being considered for the Felix Scholarships. This will ask you to confirm that you have read (and comply with) the Felix Scholarship criteria listed above. Do not complete this form unless you have a valid 8-digit applicant number (ID number) from the University’s online Admissions system otherwise it will not be accepted.
3) Eligible candidates will then be considered for nomination by their academic School / Department at Stage One. If you are successful in being nominated, you will receive a request on Monday 18 February 2019 asking you to complete a full Felix application form. This must be returned by Friday 22 February 2019.
Award Provider: University of Reading
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION