Standard Bank Derek Cooper (Fully-Funded) Africa Scholarship at Cambridge University 2020/2021
The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa scholarship is awarded to three outstanding African students wishing to undertake a 1 year Masters programme at the University of Cambridge.
Application Deadline: 13th March 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study: Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in the countries above who have been accepted to undertake MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development, Finance and Management. Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
About the Award: In addition to the Mandela Magdalene Scholarship, Three Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships will be awarded annually to African students commencing an MPhil programme, also with the aim of enhancing the skills of oustanding African students to enable them to contribute to the future growth of their countries.
- The successful candidates will have gained a First class or High Second class BA honours degree or equivalent by 1 October 2019.
- Award holders will be expected to return to their countries to work or study after completing their course at Cambridge.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa scholarships are full awards that cover:
- University Composition Fee at the overseas rate
- Full maintenance grant for a single person
- £2,500 travel and settling in allowance
Rented accommodation in or near College will normally be made available to a single Scholar. The college does not currently have any family accommodation available.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of Course
How to Apply: Standard Bank Derek Cooper Scholarship Application Form
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying