Opening Soon: Fully-funded Distance Learning Scholarships in Tropical Forestry 2022/2023 for Developing Countries – Bangor University, UK
Bangor University, UK, through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) is pleased to announce that up to 10 fully-funded Commonwealth scholarships are available for applicants from the following developing commonwealth countries below to study for our MSc Tropical Forestry by distance learning.
Application Deadline: Opening in Sept 2022
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda and Zambia.
To be taken at (country): by distance learning from the following countries above.
Eligible Field of Study: to study for MSc Tropical Forestry
About Award: This postgraduate course is primarily intended for students who already have an interest in forestry and who wish to learn more about the environmental and societal benefits that tropical forests can provide. Suitable applicants include individuals working in forestry/forest-related industries/ natural resource management, particularly in the fields of planning, regulation, policy, monitoring, conservation and environmental protection. The course is also suited to individuals working in forestry education who wish to further their knowledge and expertise in order to improve their teaching.
Eligibility/Criteria: In order to be considered for a CSC scholarships, applicants are expected:
- to have at least an upper second class degree in a relevant subject (e.g. forestry, conservation, land management, natural sciences, economics). Relevant work experience is also valued. Applicants with a lower second class degree with relevant and sufficient work experience may also be considered.
- Regardless of English language ability and educational background, all applicants from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Mozambique, Pakistan, Rwanda and Sri Lanka are required to take an IELTS and obtain a minimum overall score of 6.5, if they wish to be considered for a CSC scholarship. In order for an award to be taken up in the 2023 academic year, the IELTS test must have been taken after October 2022.
- Applicants from the eligible countries do not need proof of English Language proficiency if they have studied their education through the medium of English.
- In order to study this course, students must have regular access to a computer with internet access, as the University cannot provide these to distance learning students.
- Applicants should ensure they are eligible for entry to the course and that distance learning is suitable for them before applying for a CSC scholarship.
- The scholarships are only available for entrants who are able to start the course in Jan 2023.
Value & Duration of Scholarships: Scholarships are worth £18,000, which covers tuition fees and a generous bursary to enable scholars to attend a compulsory two-week study tour scheduled to be held overseas in July/August 2023. A small study grant is also available to help scholars with study costs associated with distance learning (e.g. internet usage).
How to Apply
- Applicants who do not apply directly to the CSC cannot be considered for a CSC scholarship on MSc Tropical Forestry (distance learning).
- Please note: The CSC online application portal will open in early Sept 2022
- After which you must seek to be nominated by Bangor University
It is important to go through the Application Process on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details