The University of Brunel International Scholarship is now open for all applicants starting in September 2017/2018.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): London, UK
Eligible Field of Study: All
About the Award: The University of Brunel is offering 50 awards, which will comprise a 15% discount on the cost of tuition fees. The International Scholarships are open to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes.
Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Postgraduate Research
Eligibility: To be considered for the International Excellence scholarship you must:
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as an international student for fees purposes.
- Have an offer to study full-time on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Satisfy the entry criteria for admission to the chosen programme of study.
- Not be a current registered Brunel student on a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate programme. This scholarship is not available also to students on the London Brunel International College (LBIC) programmes and distance learning versions of courses, or the English@Brunel, Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the International Pathways and Language Centre (IPLC).
- Have not been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies.
- Agree that by accepting a scholarship you will become a Student Ambassador for the University. You will be welcomed into the University at a Scholar’s Reception during your first weeks and may be asked to:
- a) Take part in photo shoots and filming events organised by the International Recruitment or Marketing team (maximum of three).
- b) Write a profile of yourself (250 words) that should include some or all of the following points – Why you chose Brunel – Your life at the university – How your course at Brunel will contribute to your career.
- c) Help support Brunel’s social media activity aimed at engaging potential and current international students.
- d) Give feedback and advice on how to apply for a Brunel international scholarship for future applicants, as required.
- e) Meet guests from overseas universities or embassies.
- f) Other activities by request include hosting tours of the campus, helping at Open Days and, participating in other marketing activity.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when your participation would be appreciated.
Number of Awardees: 50
Value of Scholarship: £3,000 fee waiver on tuition fee for year 1 only.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- First you must apply for one of our courses. We recommend you submit your application for a course by Friday 28 April 2017. This is so the Admissions team have enough time to assess your application and issue you with an applicant number, before the scholarship application deadline. Late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- Apply for a scholarship via your student portal eVision, by 31 May 2017 11:59pm (GMT). The application will include a 500 word essay (please write about activities, achievements and personal qualities relevant to your application). Your responses, along with your course application and grades, will be the main focus of the Scholarship Panel’s deliberations and should therefore be written carefully and spell-checked. Make sure that your application is complete before you submit it. We will not accept incomplete applications and you cannot provide additional information once your application is submitted. You may only apply once.
If you are applying for a course starting in January 2018 please do not apply yet. Applications for our January 2018 scholarships will open on 1st July 2017. If you apply early your application WILL NOT be considered.
Award Provider: Brunel University