Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship (Fully-Funded Study) at Oxford University 2020/2021
The Standard Bank Chairman Africa scholarship is awarded to three outstanding African students wishing to undertake a 1 year Masters programme at the University of Oxford.
Application Deadline: Relevant January 2020 deadline (check your course requirements)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe. Preference will be given to nationals of Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa and South Sudan.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study: You must be applying to start any full-time, one-year taught master’s course within the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences, or Humanities Divisions.
Eligibility: You will be considered automatically for this scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2020-2021 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: There is no separate application process for this Africa scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline depending on your course). Selection is expected to take place by the end of April 2020.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World