The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), Faculty of Environment, University of Leeds UK is offering the Transport Africa Masters Scholarship 2018 for students from Africa.
Application Deadline: 20th June 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of Leeds, UK
Accepted Subject Areas? The Institute offers a choice of six (6) Masters degrees:
- MSc Mathematical Modelling for Transport
- MSc Sustainability in Transport
- MSc Transport Economics
- MSc Transport Planning
- MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
- MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering
About Scholarship: The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), Faculty of Environment, University of Leeds is offering a fees scholarship, to provide a unique opportunity to an African student of outstanding ability, achievement and potential. The Institute is offering a 50% fees scholarships, each worth £8500, to provide development opportunities to students of outstanding ability, achievement and potential. The scholarships will fund 50% of the tuition fees for international students to undertake a full-time Masters degree programme. The scholarships form part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of global transport, via the development of future transport professionals.
It is envisaged that the scholarship recipient will take up employment in the transport sector in their home country after the Masters programme, to apply their new skills in an area of identified need.
Type: Taught Masters
Who is eligible to apply?
- a) Applicants must hold, or expect to obtain, a bachelors degree equivalent to a UK first class or upper second class honours.
- b) Applicants must hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place for an ITS Masters degree for the academic year commencing September 2016.
- c) Applicants must be designated as ‘international fee status’ by the University of Leeds, and be domiciled in an African country.
How Many Scholarships are available? 6
What are the benefits? £5,000
How long will sponsorship last? Onetime fee reduction
How to Apply: Download the application form.
For further details including the application pack and full terms and conditions, please visit the ITS Scholarship webpage
Sponsors: The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), Faculty of Environment, University of Leeds UK
Important Notes:: Early application is encouraged. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email in July.