A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020/2021 for English Language Teachers from Developing Countries (Fully-funded Masters at University of Warwick, UK)
This is to announce the opening of the recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2020 and September 2021.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2019 12.00 midday UK time.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University or Warwick, UK
Eligible Field of Study: English language
About Scholarship: The A.S. Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick.
The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide. A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, now in its 9th edition. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK.
The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick
Offered Since: 1961
Type: Masters degree
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least three years’ full-time English language teaching experience and a full university degree.
- Applicants also require the level of English proficiency stipulated by the university (this is normally assessed according to IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. For IELTS, scholars require an overall score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories, and 6.5 for writing. For TOEFL an overall score of 92 with 24 for writing. For PTE an overall score of 62, with 62 in writing is required.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
- We welcome applications only from countries listed on the DAC list (Developing countries).
Selection: Applicants who are long-listed on the basis of their application will be invited to interview in their local British Council office. The interviews will take place in the week of 9 – 13 December 2019. If successful at interview, applicants will then be shortlisted, with the final selection being made by a panel of Hornby Trust trustees and British Council staff. If provisionally selected for a scholarship, applicants will then need to apply for a place on the MA course at Warwick University and demonstrate that they have the level of English proficiency * required by the university. The award of an A S Hornby Educational Trust scholarship can only be confirmed once the applicant has been accepted on the course by the university.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick
How to Apply:
- If you are interested in applying for a Hornby scholarship, please go to this web page, where you can find information about the scholarships and accessing the online application form: www.surveymonkey.com/r/hornbyscholarship
- For further information about the Hornby Trust: www.hornby-trust.co.uk
- For further information about the Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/study/ma-tesol/
- If you are interested in applying for a Hornby scholarship, you must read the document attached to this page -“Hornby Scholarship Applicant Information”.
It is important to read all information before completing the online application form, because you cannot leave the application in the middle of completing it and return to finish it another time.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat