Julius Nyerere Fully-funded Masters Scholarship 2019/2020 for Tanzanian Students – UK
Application Deadline: 2nd April 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Tanzania
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh UK
Subject Areas: Courses offered at the University
About Scholarship: The Julius Nyerere Scholarship was set up in 2009 in memory of Mwalimu Julius Nyerere who led Tanganyika to independence in 1961 and became the first prime minister and later president of Tanzania. Nyerere received a scholarship in 1949 to attend the University of Edinburgh where he obtained a Masters of Arts degree that saw him study courses in English, Political Economy, Social Anthropology, British History, Economic History, Constitutional Law, and Moral Philosophy.
Offered Since: 2009
Selection Criteria: The scholarship is awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit, with candidates requiring a Bachelors degree equivalent to a UK First Class Honours (‘First’) or Upper Division/Upper Second Class Honours (‘2:1’) degree.
N.B. The Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarship is highly competitive and only the best candidates are considered. Prospective applicants should note that, to date, in almost all cases successful candidates for the Scholarships have held a First Class Honours degree. Applicants with a 2:1 Honours degree will be considered if they can show a very strong track record of work experience relevant to their prospective degree.
- The scholarships will be awarded to Tanzanian citizen who is normally resident in Tanzania, and who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants who already hold a degree from outside Tanzania will not be considered.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
Number of Scholarships: one Scholarships will be awarded
Value of Scholarship: The Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarships will cover the full overseas tuition fee, living costs of £10,000, and a return flight from Tanzania to the UK.
Duration: The scholarships will be tenable for one academic year.
How to Apply:
- Eligible applicants will complete an online scholarship application.
- Information on how to apply will follow shortly
Important Notes: Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Do Not Move To Germany If…
How To Study Abroad As An International Exchange Student
14 Business Ideas You Should Consider In 2020s