The Salford International Excellence Award supports a range of talented, inspiring and creative international students who aim to be the leaders of the future. Find out more about this scholarship and how you can apply.
- September 2020 (round 2): 12th May 2020
- September 2020 (round 3): 24th June 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Award: With a fund of up to £100,000, the Salford International Excellence Award, is a new scholarship programme to actively support a wide range of talented, inspiring and creative international students who aim to be the leaders of the future.
University of Salford’s international students are active in their studies, enthusiastic in gaining positive experiences from their time in the UK, and use their knowledge, skills and experience to take on the challenges of the world.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility: You must be an offer holder in order to apply for this scholarship. You are particularly encouraged to apply if:
- You are from a region where no specific scholarships are available.
- You have an offer to study an undergraduate (bachelor’s) programme and have gained advanced entry, so will begin your studies in year two or three, rather than year one.
- Your talents complement our International Collaboration Zone strategy, which brings us together with industry to work on global challenges.
- You have professional experience gained through work, extra-curricular activities, or your own creative or entrepreneurial projects.
Selection Criteria: Applications are judged by the International Scholarship Committee.
Number of Awards: Unlimited
Value of Award: £1,000 to 5,000
How to Apply: Please apply via our online application form. The most important part of your application is the two-part scholarship essay, which should include the following sections:
Part 1: Describe how your previous experiences and achievements will help you achieve success here.
This is your opportunity to tell us how you will be a successful and an active student. You can include examples of academic prizes you have won, recent sporting achievements, your involvement in activities for the social, economic and cultural development of your country and community, any entrepreneurial activity you are engaged in, or other examples that demonstrate how you will be successful here. Your essay should be no longer than 300 words.
Part 2: Describe how your programme of study will enable you to develop a greater understanding of your subject and how that can positively contribute to your home country.
This is your opportunity to tell us about your commitment to your chosen subject area. We are not just interested in your past experience, we want to know how your studies will support your future and how these contributions will support your home country. This may be at a national, regional or community level. Your essay should be no longer than 300 words.