The University of Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies scholarships are created to allow graduates to pursue studies beneficial to the Muslim world.
Application Deadline: 22nd January 2021, depending on your course
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: All
About the Award: The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by an international network of academic contacts. For more information, please refer to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies scholarships website.
Type: All full-time master’s and DPhil courses
- You must be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford.
- You must be either:
- ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or
- a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa
- You should intend to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit.
- You should be intending to study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2021-22.
Selection Process: Decisions are expected to be made by June 2021. If you have not heard from the University by this time, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
Number of Awardees: Up to 5
Value of Scholarship: 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (at least £15,285)
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply: See link below
Award Provider: University of Oxford