Edinburgh Law School/Binks Trust LLM Scholarship for Students in Developing Countries 2018/2019
The Global Justice Academy through the generous support of the Binks Trust is offering up to 3 partial scholarships to international students
Application Deadline: 7th February 2018 5pm (GMT)
Eligible Countries: The scholarship particularly welcomes applications from: Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Dem Rep), Djibouti, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Dem Rep), Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Thailand, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen (Rep), Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To Be Taken At (Country): Scotland, UK
- These scholarships are open to anyone (subject to the criteria below) who receives a place for the LLM in Human Rights and commences this programme in September 2018.
- Should lack of residency be due to refugee status, that condition will be waived if official evidence of refugee status is presented along with the application.
- This scholarship is designed to advantage those applicants who would otherwise be unable to take up a place to study at Edinburgh, and therefore applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds will be prioritised.
- The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a first-class honours degree.
- Applicants must also be committed to returning to their home country following their graduation.
Number of Awards: There are three partial scholarships available for students on the LLM in Human Rights at the University of Edinburgh Law School. All awards are for new applicants for full-time study starting in September 2018.
Value of Award: Each scholarship is worth up to £5,000 and is payable into the student’s university fees account upon matriculation.
How to Apply:
- All applicants for this Scholarship must have applied for the LLM in Human Rights and only applicants holding a place for this programme and meeting the criteria will be considered eligible. Your application to the LLM in Human Rights will be appended to your application for scholarship and therefore your scholarship form must contain unique and pertinent information not otherwise included in the programme application.
- In your application for admission to the LLM in Human Rights programme, you must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and a clear plan for how the degree will enable you to extend this work. Please use the personal statement within the programme application for this purpose. Please do not replicate this information on your scholarship form.
- To apply please complete the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form and return to [email protected].
Award Providers: These scholarships are provided by the Global Justice Academy through the generous support of the Binks Trust.
Important Notes: Edinburgh Law School will receive all applications, manage the selection process and identify the preferred recipient of the award. All awards are made on the basis of academic excellence. These awards are normally only available to students who have no alternate source of funding.