Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships 2020 for Low and Middle Income Countries – UK
The Wellcome Trust scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Application Deadline: 14th April 2020
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About Scholarship: This scheme strengthens scientific research capacity in low- and middle-income countries, by providing support for junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research training at Masters Degree level.
Research projects should be aimed at understanding and controlling diseases (either human or animal) of relevance to local, national or global health. This can include laboratory based molecular analysis of field or clinical samples, but projects focused solely on studies in vitro or using animal models will not normally be considered under this scheme.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility: Interested candidate should apply if they:
- are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine.
You must also:
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have a demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research)
- have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- have a research proposal that is within our public health and tropical medicine remit.
Candidate CANNOT apply if they are:
- intending to be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or another high-income country(opens in a new tab) (although your taught course can be anywhere in the world)
- a researcher in India – instead see the Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance(opens in a new tab)
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship.
- the quality and importance of your research question(s)
- the feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- the suitability of your choice of research environments
- the suitability of the taught Master’s course you select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
Benefits: £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses.
Duration: This fellowship normally provides up to 30 months’ support. A period of 12 months should normally be dedicated to undertaking a taught Masters course at a recognized centre of excellence, combined with up to 18 months to undertake a research project.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep. , Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Federation Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey , Uganda, Ukraine, Rep. Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Fiji, The Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz, Republic Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mayotte, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. ,Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Syrian, Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Yemen,
How to Apply: Visit link below
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION