University of Sheffield Allan & Nesta Ferguson Masters Scholarships 2020/2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust will offer 10 scholarships (over 3 years) to international students from developing countries to study for Masters Scholarships at University of Sheffield
Application Deadline: 6th May 2020
To be taken at (country): University of Sheffield, UK
Eligible Field of Study: Interested candidate must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2020:
• MA Cities and Global Development
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH in International Development
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
• MA Global and Political Economy
• MA International Relations
• MA in Social Research
About Scholarship: The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
Eligible Countries: You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2020. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2020.
Number of Scholarships: Three (3)
Value of Scholarship: These are scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
How to Apply:
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
- Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
- Please use our postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.