MMMF Grants for Women from Developing Countries in South Africa 2015
Brief description: The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) is offering scholarships for women from developing countries to study at selected universities in South Africa – 2015/2016
Eligible Field of Study
Courses offered at the participating universities
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) grants is offered for female students fromdeveloping countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand. MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: Scholarship for women
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch or the University of Witwatersrand when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Plans to return to her country or another developing country within about two years after completing use of the grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value of Scholarship: MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
Duration of Scholarship: Onetime financial grant
Eligible Countries: Any developing country
To be taken at (country): the following South African universities: the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand
Application Deadline: Africa Grants considered in 2015 and awarded for Academic year 2015-2016 are open from May 1st, 2015 to August 30th, 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Application will be completed and submitted online. Visit Scholarship Webpage for more details
Sponsors: The Margaret Mcnamara Memorial Fund (MMMF)