West African Research Association (WARA) Travel Grants 2020 for African Scholars
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500 to West African scholars.
- 15th March 2019
- 15th September 2019
Eligible Countries: West African countries
To be taken at (country): Any African country of candidate’s choice.
About the Award: The WARC Travel Grant program promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent
Type: Research Grants
Eligibility: This competition is open only to West African nationals, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Grants: The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500. Travel grant funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research;
- visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work;
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution;
- travel to a research site.
Duration of Grants: Between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 for the 15th Sept 2019 deadline
How to Apply:
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research
Please address inquiries to
West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
Award Provider: Funding for WARA’s Fellowship Program is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World