MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Women at Wellesley College 2019/2020 – USA
Wellesley College USA partners with the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program to educate African women.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2018 (early decision I), 1st January 2019 (early decision II), 15th December 2018 (Regular Decision)
Offered annually? Yes
About Scholarship: As part of the Scholars Program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities.
Watch Tutorial: How to Apply to Win the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Scholars at Wellesley will build experiences, values, and competencies that are critical to success in the global economy, and that enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year.
Type: Undergraduate taught
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: Nine
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship: Four years
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Wellesley College USA
How to Apply: All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship. You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time.
Finalist candidates for the Scholarship will be contacted by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation, Wellesley College
Important Notes: Even if you are not awarded this scholarship, Wellesley is committed to meeting 100% of demonstrated need for all admitted international citizens who have applied for financial aid during the admission process. Its purpose is to support highly qualified candidates who could not otherwise attend Wellesley.