Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship for African Women to Study at University of Dundee 2018 – Scotland, UK
The University of Dundee is offering Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship to African female students wishing to undertake degree programmes at the University.
Application Deadline: 17th November 2018
Eligible Countries: Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana
To be taken at (country): Scotland, UK
About Scholarship: The candidate of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should be aware that this scholarship is the University’s investment in the sustained growth of an individual and the betterment of a community at large. The candidate should indicate how she will use the studying abroad experience and the postgraduate qualification to locally or globally promote holistic transformation, facilitate equal access to opportunities for all, and encourage a peaceful, reconciled and empowered population in her home country.
Fields of Study: Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Computing, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing and Health Sciences, Politics and International Relations
Type: Masters Taught
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an academic offer of entry to the University of Dundee for January 2019 entry
- You must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
- You must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of your application
- Available to female applicants only
The awards will be given to students who are undertaking a one year taught masters programme at the University of Dundee, in the academic year 2018/19 (January 2019 entry).
Applicants of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should already have been offered a place at the University of Dundee and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so. We have a full list of our postgraduate courses, including details of how to apply, online.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country.
- It is recommended that the candidate provide examples or a personal narrative that highlight leadership qualities, personal fortitude, and active participation in developing meaningful opportunities which lead to the social, educational, and/or spiritual advancement of the disadvantaged.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to use the scholarship not only as an educational experience but also as a chance to become immersed in another culture, while fostering understanding of her own country and culture amongst students and the local community of Dundee.
- The applying candidate of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should address how she hopes to become involved in University or local societies, activities, and/or organisations, and how she will support discourse about issues women face globally.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: up to a total of £30,000 for Tuition and living expenses
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Download the Gbowee Peace Scholarship Application Form
- Complete the application form above
- Return by the deadline to [email protected] using ‘Gbowee Scholarship Application’ as your subject. With your application form, you must also submit documentation to support your citizenship and permanent residence.
- Please ensure you include your Applicant ID number in all communications, as we cannot accept applications for this scholarship if you have not yet been made an offer of entry to the University of Dundee.
- A reminder that the closing date for all applications is 17th November 2018, applications after this date cannot be considered or amended.
Award Provider: University of Dundee and Gbowee Peace Foundation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It