IHE Delft Roth Fellowships for Female Water Professionals from sub-Saharan Africa 2018
The Roth Family Foundation offers three full fellowships per year for IHE Delft Short Courses related to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation, to female water professionals from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2018.
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
Fields of Study:
- Decentralised Water Supply and Sanitation
- IWRM as a Tool for Adaptation to Climate Change
- Advanced Water Transport and Distribution
- Remote Sensing for Agricultural Water Management
- Solid Waste Management
- Strategic Planning for River Basins and Deltas
- Water Sensitive Cities
- Wetlands for Livelihoods and Conservation
- Faecal Sludge Management
Type: short courses, Fellowship
- Eligible candidates are female, have a Bachelor of Science degree, at least two years of working experience and a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Interested female candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible
Selection Criteria: IHE Delft’s selection criteria will be as follows:
- Academic Qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- English Language Proficiency
- Motivation Statements
Lastly, when a final list of prospective participants is available, IHE Delft will try to assign fellowships as equally as possible between the different eligible countries.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: The fellowship covers the costs of tuition fee, study related costs, insurance and a contribution towards the costs of living and travel.
How to Apply: A. apply online by filling out the application by following the apply-link on the specific page of the short course in July 2018 of your choice.
In all cases, motivation statements need to be filled out. Please state that you would like to apply for a Roth Fellowship and why following the specific course helps you and your organization to address future challenges concerning access to clean water, improved hygiene and sanitation, by answering the following questions in the text fields of the application form:
- What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
- How will this course enable you to address this issue?
- How will you address this issue with your position within your organisation?
B. indicate your interest in a Roth Fellowship by sending an email to: [email protected] – mention ”Roth Fellowship” in the subject line and mention your name and country of residence in the email.
Award Providers: Roth Family Foundation