WAAW Foundation Undergraduate STEM Scholarships 2019/2020 for Young African Women
Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) Foundation are pleased to announce 2019 scholarships, offering $500/year for need-based female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Young women from all Africa countries
To be taken at: Applicants home country
About the Award: The Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation aim to increase the pipeline of African women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines, and work to ensure that this talent is engaged in African innovation. Scholarships are renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
Eligible Fields of Study: The following courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) apply:
Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
Please note that WAAW does not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarship is a onetime fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
How to Apply: Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application. or follow this link: http://bit.ly/WAAWFoundationScholarship
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2019_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed [email protected], faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us