Comedy card game Cards Against Humanity has announced that applications are now open for their Science Ambassador Scholarship, a full ride scholarship for women studying science, technology, engineering, or math. The recipient of the award will receive full tuition coverage for up to four years.
Application Deadline: 11th December, 2017 at midnight central time.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): USA
Eligible Fields of Study: All fields within science, technology, engineering, and math are eligible. For a full list of STEM fields, click here. STEM must be your major field of study (not minor).
Eligibility: The Science Ambassador Scholarship is only open to undergraduate students and high school students at this time.
The ideal candidate
- must be in college in fall of 2018 to be eligible. The videos will be reviewed by a board of sixty women who hold higher degrees and work professionally in science and engineering.
- plans to attend college in the United States.
- can talk about any scientific topic they find exciting. Remember to deliver a mini lecture, not a personal statement.
Ten video finalists will move onto the next round and submit additional materials.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: The winner of the Science Ambassador Scholarship will receive full tuition coverage for up to four years.
How to Apply: The ideal candidate will be an ambassador for their field. We’re looking for someone passionate about discovery who shares their excitement with others.
To apply, submit a three–minute video of yourself explaining a topic in science you are passionate about.
- Deliver a mini lecture, not a personal statement,
- Pretend you’re a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject. Your video doesn’t need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor.
- Three minutes or less in length.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’ It should be accessible to the general public and could, but doesn’t have to be, targeted at young students.
- Don’t spend lots of time introducing yourself—just jump right into your topic.
- You can discuss any topic in science you like, not necessarily your field of study.
Award Provider: Scholarship funds will be provided from Cards Against Humanity’s Science Pack—a 30–card expansion pack co–authored with Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal’sZach Weinersmith and Bad Astronomy’s Phil Plait.