Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation (PCNAF) Young Women’s Scholarship for Nigerian Female Students 2018/2019 – USA
Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships for Nigerian Women to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
Application Deadline: 16th May, 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (University): Colleges in the USA
Students attending the following institutions can apply:
- University of the District of Columbia
- Prince Georges Community College
- Baltimore City Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Morgan State University
- Coppin State University
- Bowie State University
- Montgomery College
- University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Towson University
- College of Southern Maryland
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Northern Virginia Community College
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading education.
About Scholarship: The Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation (PCNAF) will award two $2000 scholarships to promising female college students of Nigerian heritage in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with a desire to contribute to the development and prosperity of Nigeria while pursuing their undergraduate studies.
The scholarship program was created in an effort to help ease the financial burden of students with outstanding academic and leadership potential that are facing difficulties securing the funds needed to complete their undergraduate studies because they have an international student visa and cannot seek outside employment to finance their education.
Upon receiving their scholarships, our scholars will be expected to actively support the mission of PCNAF for at least one year by speaking to students at a local school about the girls’ education crisis in Nigeria, how it affects the lives of Americans, and how we can all help to solve the problem.
Offered Since: 2003
Eligibility: Any female college student of Nigerian heritage is eligible to apply for a PCNAF Scholarship if she:
- Has an international student visa (F1)
- Is enrolled as a full time student at a participating institution
- Will begin her junior or senior year at the university in the fall of 2018, or will complete community college and enter a participating university as a full time student in the fall of 2018
- Has an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Has a documented need for financial assistance
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Test Requirement: No
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Number of Scholarships: two (2)
Value of Scholarship: PCNAF will award $2000 scholarships.
How to Apply: Application packages must include a completed scholarship application, an official academic transcript (most recent), the Financial Aid Worksheet, copy of the international student visa, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, a letter of recommendation from someone outside the educational institution, and responses (150- 200 words) to each of the three essay questions. All application materials must be received by 16th May 2018.
- File a request for an official transcript with your registrar’s office. The transcript should be returned directly to you and mailed to the Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation along with your application package.
- Complete Part I of the Financial Aid Worksheet. Your financial aid office must complete Part II of the form and return it directly to you.
- Complete Sections A and B of this form. All responses (except signatures) must be typed or printed.
- Make copies of the pages from your passport documenting your international student status.
- Your application package must contain a signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member and someone outside of the educational institution who knows you well in a personal and/or professional capacity. Professional
recommendations from outside the educational institution must be written on business stationery.
- Before mailing your application package, make sure that you have included all required documents. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Once you have gathered the required documents, mail the completed package to:
Mr. Albert Hannans
Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation
c/o 10462 Kelso Court
Waldorf, MD 20603
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)