Each year, the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Field of Study: Any
About the Award: In 2023, NWAG plans to award 74 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of one hundred thousand Naira (N100,000) each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Scholarship Worth: Each undergraduate student in a Nigerian University who wins the 2023 Scholarship Award will receive Three Hundred U. S.
Dollars ($300). A sum of One Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($150) would be awarded to each 1st runner up. The scholarship award will be given in Naira equivalent.
Type of Scholarship: The NWAG scholarship is a onetime award
Eligibility: An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University.
How to Apply: Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form here.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 31, 2023
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“Curbing kidnapping epidemic in Nigeria: How did we get there? In what ways can kidnapping be eradicated in Nigeria?”
THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE AND YOUR FULL NAME.
Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.