Brief description: Global Fund for Women is offering grants to support groups that advance the human rights of women and girls
Eligible Field of Study: Human rights of women and girls
The Global Fund for Women supports women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. The Organization strengthen women’s right groups based outside the United States by providing small, flexible, and timely grants ranging from $500 to $30,000 for operating and program expenses.
The Global Fund for Women is committed to providing support to women’s groups throughout the world in a fair and just way. Grant proposals are accepted in any language and any format, and awarded based on criteria and priorities determined in partnership with women’s rights activists working on the ground.
Scholarship Offered Since: not specified
Scholarship Type: grants for women
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States.
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities. Please note that groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals are not eligible to apply.
- It is a group of women working together.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women.
- Groups of women working together.
- Organizations that demonstrate a clear commitment to women’s equality and women’s human rights.
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
- Organizations based outside of the United States.
Number of Scholarships: 600
Value of Scholarship: From $500 to $30,000
Duration of Scholarship: one year
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): group’s country
Application Deadline: opens from September 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
The foundation will send you a note of receipt within three weeks of receiving your application.
Visit grant webpage for details
Sponsors: Global Fund for Women
Important Notes: The Global Fund for Women receives over 3,000 proposals a year and is able to award about 600 grants annually. Due to the number of applications submitted, it may take seven to nine months to review your request.