UK Mansion House Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2013
Scholarship Name: Mansion House scholarship
The Mansion House Scholarship Scheme exists to fund scholarships for students and young business executives from overseas to travel to the United Kingdom to study or to undertake training or work experience in the Financial Services Sector.
Eligible Field of Study
Awards are restricted to those applying to study or to undertake training in the Financial Services sector or in related subjects.
Are you interested in winning a postgraduate scholarship? Are you currently working in the financial services sector and want to study for a post graduate degree in the UK? Here is an opportunity for you. The British Council in Nigeria is partnering with the UK Trade and Investment unit (UKTI) to present the Mansion House Scholarship Scheme.
UP to one hundred and twelve scholarships have now been awarded from when the Scheme was established in 1998 till date.
Scholarship Offered Since: 1998
Scholarship Type: Masters Scholarship for Nigerian students
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
This is an opportunity for professionals who are working within the financial services industry and have aspirations of obtaining an international degree to do so.
All applicants should:
- Have a first degree from an accredited Nigerian University
- A minimum of a second class upper degree
- Have a minimum of 3years work experience in the relevant field (i.e. Financial services sector)
- Good English language skills
- A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria
- An unconditional offer from a UK institution
- A UK student visa ( or at least the student visa application process)
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship
Awards vary in size but are usually in the region of £5,000 to £7,500
Duration of Scholarship: Onetime financial aid
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): UK
- Deadline for submission of essay is the 12th April 2013
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to read carefully through the attached documentation, fill the Application Form and respond by the given deadline. See link
- Interested applicants will be required to submit a 500 word essay detailing why you would be the most ideal candidate for this award.
- All essays should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are required to fill and submit the application form along with their essay
- Please note that candidates should attach copies of their credentials (i.e. university certificates and evidence of work experience)
- Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Further details of the Scheme can be found on www.mansionhousescholars.org.uk