50 University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Regions
The University of Sheffield is offering Merit Scholarships to students from Africa and other Developing countries for Undergraduate studies at the University.
- You must have received an offer by 19th April 2019.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 26th April 2019.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 31st May 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): UK
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate programme at the University of Sheffield by 19 April 2019.
- Your programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for this or any other undergraduate scholarship.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
Number of Awardees: 50
Value of Scholarship: 50% tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of programme
How to Apply: A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards. First apply for admission into any of the school’s Undergraduate programs by Friday 19th April 2019