Loughborough University Graduate International Scholarships UK 2015/2016
Brief description: Loughborough University Graduate School International Scholarships for Masters study in UK 2015/2016
Accepted Subject Areas: Applicants to the following Departments will Automatically be considered for a scholarship – provided the initial application is complete and contains all the relevant information (degree transcripts, references etc.). For these Departments there is no separate scholarship application process.
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
- School of Business and Economics (Business)
- School of Business and Economics (Economics)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Building Engineering
- Computing Science
- Design School
- Information Science
- Politics, History and International Relations
- School of Sport Exercise and Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
For all other Departments list below, students are invited to apply for a scholarship after an offer of a place has been made.
- Business School
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Loughborough University will offer over 100 postgraduate scholarships taught programme for the 2013/2014 academic year, to new self-financing full-time international students who are permanently resident in a country outside the European Union (EU).
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- The Loughborough University Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and potential.
- Different Departments will have varying criteria for awarding Scholarships, however, in general the scholarship judges will be looking for students who have the equivalent of a UK First Class honours degree, or a very high 2:1 OR who have sufficient grades to demonstrate the potential to achieve this level. Minimum CGPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0 and 4.3 on a scale of 5.0
- The award may also be made to students who show outstanding achievement or potential in other areas. A personal statement is required as an opportunity to show that you have an exceptional background of achievement in other areas such as work or voluntary activities
Who is qualified to apply?
- International students with high academic performance are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- If your tuition fees are being paid by you, your family, relatives or family friends then you will be considered to be “self-financing” and are eligible for scholarship.
- If, however, your fees are being paid in full by an employer, university, Government or other corporate organisation then you will not be eligible for a Loughborough University scholarship. If you have partial funding from such an organisation, then you will still be eligible for a Loughborough University scholarship, provided the amount that you are funding yourself is equal to, or more than, the value of the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not normally be offered in combination with any other Loughborough University scholarship or award.
How Many Scholarships are available?
Over One Hundred (100) scholarships will be awarded
What is the benefit?
These scholarships will be to the value of 25% of the programme tuition fee and that value will be credited to the student’s tuition fee account.
Duration: Each scholarship will last for 1 year masters program.
Eligible Countries: International students from countries outside EU
Where will it be taken (country): Loughborough University, UK
Application Deadline: The closing date for 2015/2016 applications is 30th June 2015, though applicants are advised to apply as early as possible.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Applicants with exceptional qualifications may be offered a scholarship with their offer of a place.
Applicants to the Departments listed above will automatically be considered for a scholarship – provided the initial application is complete and contains all the relevant information (degree transcripts, references etc.). For these Departments there is no separate scholarship application process.
Visit the Scholarship webpage for details
Scholarship is offered by the Loughborough University
- Please Note that scholarship applications will not be considered unless the applicant is holding an offer or a place at the time (offer may be conditional or unconditional).
- All those applying using the scholarship application form will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by the end June at the latest.
- If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the International Office
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
12 Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
25 Writing Skills You Need to Standout & Succeed in Any Field
Top 10 Skills that’ll Make You More Employable than Most People and How to Improve them