To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, we are offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income (LMIC) Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 11th May, 2018 17.00 BST.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
Eligibility: The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care.
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eyehealth
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC /community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye healthactivities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eyecare
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 11 May, 2018.
Number of Awardees: Several scholarships are made available each year.
Value of Scholarship: Each scholarship covers course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply:
Apply to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for a place on the course:
– For new applicants: LSHTM online application system is open for the 2018/19 academic year now. Apply here.
– For those who have been accepted from 2017/18: if you applied and were accepted to the 2017/18 academic year you must have requested to “be deferred” for the 2018/19 academic year. If you do not already hold a deferred offer of admission you will need to complete a new application.
2. To download the CEHC application, please click: CEHC 2018.19 – MSc PHEC Scholarships Application.
Download and complete the form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan at [email protected] by the deadline
Award Provider: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine