Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020 for Mid-career Professionals in Developing Countries – UK
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is offering Research Fellowships for mid-career professionals of Developing Commonwealth Countries to study at a UK host organization.
Application Deadline: 20th September 2019 4pm (GMT).
Eligible Countries: Developing Commonwealth country
To be taken at: UK Universities
About Scholarship: The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships support mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries to spend a period of time with a UK host organisation working in their field for a programme of professional development.
Type: Research, Fellowship
Eligibility: To be eligible for these fellowship, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship
- Be available to start your fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship in the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to undertake the Fellowship between 10 February 2020 and 16 March 2020. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
Selection Criteria: 2020 applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships will be judged on the following criteria:
- The extent to which the proposed Fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills relevant to the needs of a Commonwealth developing country
- The extent to which those skills will lead to practical benefits for the developing country following the Fellowship
- The extent to which the Fellowship will have a catalytic effect, either within the developing country concerned, or in establishing new relationships with the UK
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship: A commonwealth Fellowship covers the living expenses for the Fellow as well as a return airfare to the UK. It also provides funding support to the host organisation, with a budget of up to £3,000 available for attendance at conferences, on short courses, and other eligible costs.
Duration of scholarship: Typically 3-months but could be extended to 6-months
How to Apply:
- Host organisations reserve the right to make changes to the Programme (in discussion with selected Fellows) after selections have been made.
- The closing date for submission of your application is 4pm (BST) on Friday 20 September 2019
- The closing date for the submission of references is 4pm (BST) on Monday 30 September 2019. Your application must include at least two references by this date, one of which must be from your current employer, otherwise it will be considered ineligible.
- Once the closing date for Fellows’ applications and references has passed your application will be shared with the Host organisation you have applied to in order for them to review all applications and select the candidates they wish to put forward to the Commission. The Commission will make the final selections of Host organisation programmes and individual Fellows.
- Access to the Online Application System is open now.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World
7 Books Oprah Winfrey Thinks Everyone Should Read