The University College London has opened applications for its African Graduate Scholarship, open to African nationals currently residing in an African nation.
Application Deadline: 29th April, 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Award: The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs.
- The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
Value of Award:
- The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
- If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
Duration of Award: One-off
How to Apply:
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year. Click this link to apply to the MSc.
- African Graduate Scholarship Application Form (word doc)
Please see the guidelines and application procedures (Link in Program Webpage below).