African Graduate Scholarship 2019/2020 for African Students to Study at University College London
The University College London has opened applications for its African Graduate Scholarship, open to African nationals currently residing in an African nation.
Application Deadline: 29th April, 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Award: The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs.
- The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
Value of Award:
- The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
- If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
Duration of Award: One-off
How to Apply:
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year. Click this link to apply to the MSc.
- African Graduate Scholarship Application Form (word doc)
Please see the guidelines and application procedures (Link in Program Webpage below).
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat