Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in UK Universities 2019
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2019.
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria (Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States)
To be taken at (country): The scholarship is offered in partnership with three prestigious and internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom Imperial College London, University of Aberdeen and the University of Leeds UK
Accepted Subject Areas? The following courses at the three institutions qualify for the scholarship:
- Imperial College London
MSC Petroleum Engineering
MSC Petroleum Geoscience
- University College London
MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
MSC Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
- University of Leeds
MSC Exploration Geophysics
MSC Electronic/Electrical Engineering
About Scholarship: Each year the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) offers scholarship awards to students form the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The Oil and Gas company is delighted to announce the annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States.
The scholarship scheme is aimed to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Offered Since: 2010
Type: Postgraduate (Masters)
By what Criteria is Selection Made? Candidates must have gained admission to study at any of the participating universities in one of the qualifying courses
Who is qualified to apply? To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant
What are the benefits? The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
How long will sponsorship last? One year postgraduate Masters Studies
How can I Apply?
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than June 15, 2019.
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World