Nigeria: University of Birmingham SI-UK Outstanding Achievement Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2018/2019
To reward outstanding achievement and to help ensure that fears about finance do not constrain prospective international students from considering study in the UK, the University of Birmingham is pleased to offer a number of prestigious international scholarships for 2018 entry.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 1 scholarship of £3,000 for Nigerian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2018.
This is a joint award with our local representatives, SI-UK, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in September 2018.
Field of Study: Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2018 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – SI-UK.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with SI-UK by 30 May 2018.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship awards are for £3,000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2018.
Duration of Scholarship: one time
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and be registered with SI-UK Nigeria by the scholarship deadline of 30 May 2018. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced in mid-July.
The scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2018.
Award Provider: University of Birmingham
Important Notes: Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.