Western Sydney University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) Australia 2017
Application Deadline: Western Sydney University will run two main rounds of Higher Degree Research Scholarships closing in 15th May 2016 and 17th October 2016.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): Western Sydney University, Australia
Brief description: Western Sydney University is offering the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS); tuition fee scholarships for full-time study towards a higher degree by research.
Eligible Field of Study: research courses offered at the university
About the Award
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are tuition fee scholarships for full-time study towards a higher degree by research. These prestigious scholarships are funded by the Australian Government.
Western Sydney University supports IPRS awardees with a living allowance and overseas student health cover. Competition for scholarships is intense; only applicants with an excellent academic record and capacity to undertake research training in one of the University’s areas of research strength will be offered an award.
Offered Since: not specified
Type: Postgraduate research scholarship
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must:
- be students from any overseas country, except New Zealand, who are commencing a new research degree course
- not already hold an academic qualification equivalent to or at a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking
Applicants for coursework awards are not eligible to apply, even where there is a research component in the degree. Students who have already commenced their research degree may not be eligible. Current AusAID students are not eligible to apply.
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The IPRS award provides for the full cost of tuition and overseas student health cover.
- Western Sydney University also provides a living allowance of AUD$25,392 per annum. The allowance is indexed annually and paid fortnightly.
- The award may not provide for other fees charged by the University from time to time, including the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Duration of Scholarship: The tenure of both the award and the living allowance is three years for Doctoral candidates and two years for Masters (Honours) candidates.
Round 1: Application opens 18 April 2016 & closes 15 May 2016
Round 2 Application opens 19 September 2016 & closes 17 October 2016
How to Apply
Award Provider: Western Sydney University and the Australian Government