Western Sydney University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) Australia 2017
Application Deadline: Western Sydney University will run two main rounds of Higher Degree Research Scholarships closing in 15th May 2016 and 17th October 2016.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): Western Sydney University, Australia
Brief description: Western Sydney University is offering the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS); tuition fee scholarships for full-time study towards a higher degree by research.
Eligible Field of Study: research courses offered at the university
About the Award
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are tuition fee scholarships for full-time study towards a higher degree by research. These prestigious scholarships are funded by the Australian Government.
Western Sydney University supports IPRS awardees with a living allowance and overseas student health cover. Competition for scholarships is intense; only applicants with an excellent academic record and capacity to undertake research training in one of the University’s areas of research strength will be offered an award.
Offered Since: not specified
Type: Postgraduate research scholarship
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must:
- be students from any overseas country, except New Zealand, who are commencing a new research degree course
- not already hold an academic qualification equivalent to or at a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking
Applicants for coursework awards are not eligible to apply, even where there is a research component in the degree. Students who have already commenced their research degree may not be eligible. Current AusAID students are not eligible to apply.
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The IPRS award provides for the full cost of tuition and overseas student health cover.
- Western Sydney University also provides a living allowance of AUD$25,392 per annum. The allowance is indexed annually and paid fortnightly.
- The award may not provide for other fees charged by the University from time to time, including the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Duration of Scholarship: The tenure of both the award and the living allowance is three years for Doctoral candidates and two years for Masters (Honours) candidates.
Round 1: Application opens 18 April 2016 & closes 15 May 2016
Round 2 Application opens 19 September 2016 & closes 17 October 2016
How to Apply
Award Provider: Western Sydney University and the Australian Government
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World
Top 10 Common Travel Scams And How to Avoid Them
Top Best Countries to Get Longest Work Permit After Graduation