Study in Australia: University of Queensland Master of Leadership in Global Development Scholarship for Developing Countries 2019
This scholarship is for applicants to the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program, commencing in 2019.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2018
Eligible Countries: Low and middle Income countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Australia
About the Award: The Institute for Social Science Research may award one scholarship in a year on the recommendation of the Head. The value of the scholarship is $38,528 (indexed annually) to cover full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas. Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances.
Eligibility: An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant:
- submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- is an overseas student within the meaning of the UQ Fee Rules; and
- has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD program and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit and need as demonstrated by
- frontline experience working on development projects;
- educational disadvantage experienced as a result of financial circumstances;
- interest in a continued career in the development sector;
- personal qualities, including leadership potential, community service and engagement; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the development profession.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $38,000 (approximate)to cover full tuition fees
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to [email protected] by the closing date.
Award Providers: University of Queensland