UQ’s Academic Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2017/2018 – Australia
Application Deadline: Applications for the 2017 Academic Scholarships open on 31 August 2016 and close 5pm 31 October 2016 | Offered annually? Yes
Accepted Subject Areas: Subject offered by the university
UQ’s Academic Scholarship program aims to reward the achievements of outstanding school leavers and gap year students. Over 300 scholarships are awarded each year. If you are a high-achieving student and you are completing Year 12 in 2016 (or you completed in 2015 and you’re on a gap year) then you are encouraged to apply. A minimum of $100,000 in scholarship funding will also be reserved for applicants who have experienced educational disadvantage in ( Financial hardship or Geographic isolation).
Offered Since: Not specified
Type: Undergraduate scholarship
- UQ will aim to award scholarships to students across a broad range of high schools and study areas. It is important to note that scholarships are more competitive in programs with exceptionally high demand.
- Applicants who meet the selection criteria and have provided evidence of educational disadvantage as a result of financial hardship and/or geographic isolation, may be given preference in the awarding of some scholarships.
- Assessment of educational disadvantage (if applicable) will be based on information in applicant personal statement, as well as supporting documentation provided as evidence of applicant unique circumstances.
Academic scholarships are open to Year 12 and gap year students who:
- are Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders; or
- are Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens or international students who are completing or have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia;
- have NOT completed any previous tertiary study other than that undertaken as part of Year 11-12 studies (eg. Enhanced Studies Program); and
- have applied for a tertiary place through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC); and
- are intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland; and
- have UQ listed as their 1st or 2nd QTAC preference.
Number of Scholarships
Three scholarships are available:
- UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- UQ Excellence Scholarships
- UQ Merit Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- $12,000 per year for up to 5 years for undergraduate and any subsequent postgraduate coursework study (if applicable).
UQ Excellence Scholarships
- $6,000 per year for up to 4 years for undergraduate and any subsequent postgraduate coursework study (if applicable).
UQ Merit Scholarships
- $6,000 for the first year of study
Duration: For the duration of the program
Eligible Countries: Australian, New Zealand and international countries
To be taken at (country): University of Queensland Australia
How to Apply
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
Sponsor: University of Queensland
Important Notes: Successful recipients will be notified by telephone or email within a week of the release of their Year 12 results in late December/early January.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win