Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Western Sydney, Australia 2016
Application Deadline: 15 May 2016, for Spring 2016 commencement | Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): University of Western Sydney, Australia
Brief description: The University of Western Sydney, Australia is offering the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships for International students commencing their study in 2016
Eligible Field of Study: Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree (does not apply to the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery).
Offered Since: not specified
Eligibility: New international students commencing in 2016.
Selection Criteria: Applicants must:
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573).
- commence study in 2016.
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent in higher secondary studies.
- provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University.
- have submitted a complete scholarship application.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 5.0 each session throughout their study in the course.
You are not eligible if:
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- your scholarship application is incomplete.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Scholarship: Fifty percent of tuition fees per annum up to a maximum three years (based on an average tuition fee of $23,860, value is approximately $11,930 per annum). The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Duration of Scholarship: Three years only
How to Apply
Award Provider: University of Western Sydney, Australia
Important Notes: Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University, chaired by the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) or a delegated representative. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel’s review of their personal statement.