University of Melbourne Human Rights Scholarship for International Students 2019/2020 – Australia
The Human Rights Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne and awarded to students who are undertaking research in the field of human rights.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): University of Melbourne, Australia
Eligible Field of Study: Graduate Research Degree Programme in the area of human rights at the University of Melbourne
Eligibility: To be considered for this scholarship, candidate must:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining,
- intend to undertake graduate research in the human rights field and be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought, and
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
Selection Criteria: Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of the area of study in and level of commitment to human rights, academic merit and strength of supporting documentation.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Scholarship: The following benefits apply:
- Fortnightly living allowance, including limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and up to 3 years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
How to Apply: You must submit an application for a research degree (if you are not currently enrolled in a research course) and an online Human Rights Scholarship application.
Award Provider: University of Melbourne, Australia
Important Notes: Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email in February. Reasons for non-selection and feedback on individual applications will not be provided.