Goethe-Institut Namibia AfriComics Videos 2021 – Call for Applications
Goethe-Institut Namibia is calling on creatives to produce short videos for its AfriComics project.
Application Deadline: 18th February 2021
About the Award: The Goethe-Institut in Sub-Saharan Africa is working on a project called “AfriComics”. The aim of this project is to promote and encourage the use of comics/graphic novels as a means of artistic, social and cultural expression. For this purpose, we plan workshops with African and German comic artists as well as a publication. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however, physical encounters cannot yet take place, so we are first starting to create a video library that future workshop participants can use to prepare themselves independently.
The videos will be presented on a self-learning platform to prepare future workshop participants.
Possible topics could be:
- Interesting artists or series of your choice.
- History of the comic scene.
- Particular tools, programmes and techniques.
- Specifics of marketing or publishing graphic novels.
Eligibility: We search for creative minds to produce short videos. These videos will be presented on a self-learning platform in order to prepare future workshop participants. Possible topics could be:
- History of the comic scene
- Particular tools, programs and techniques
- Specifics of marketing or publishing graphic novels
- Interesting artists or series of your choice
At this stage, we are looking for ideas for videos (10min), which a jury will review and make a selection. The authors of the selected exposés will then be provided with further information about format, fees, deadlines etc.
Eligible Countries: Namibia
Number of Awards: Not specified
How to Apply: All contributors are required to submit an application via email as one PDF document. The application should include the following documents:
- An exposé explaining what the applicant would like to do and to what end.
- A CV and a portfolio including any relevant links to the applicant’s website or social media.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.