Scholarship Name: Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS)
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University, Australia for Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Higher degree research (including Masters by Research) in any faculty of study at the university
The Endeavour International Postgraduate Research scholarships (EIPRS) at Edith Cowan University are generally restricted to international applicants commencing their studies in a Full-time on-campus Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The EIPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Selection is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths. Each application will be assessed against the Scholarship Ranking Scheme.
- Academic merit, academic qualifications that are equivalent to either an Australian bachelor degree with first class honours or an Australian Master by Research. Qualifications gained outside of Australia will be assessed to determine how they compare to an Australian qualification.
- Research, significant publication record.
Who is qualified to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants:
- Must meet Edith Cowan University English entry requirements.
- Must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA).
- Must not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the ECU-IPRS.
- May not concurrently receive a faculty scholarship or other major scholarship.
How Many Scholarships are available?
Three EIPRS scholarships are offered each year
What are the benefits?
The scholarships provide the recipient with tuition fees and health care cover for the duration of their research degree. In addition, each successful EIPRS recipient will be offered an ECU International Stipend (ECUIS) to meet living costs for the same period. (AUD$25,000 per year (tax free) stipend/living allowance plus tuition fees and overseas health cover paid)
Amount: $26,000 per year (tax free) stipend/living allowance plus tuition fees and overseas health cover paid
Method: Electronic funds transfer
How long will sponsorship last?
- 1-2 years for a Master by research dependant on course length
- Up to 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (PHD)
This competitive Scholarship is open for international students
To be taken at (country): Edith Cowan University, Australia
What time of year does Application Close?
Application opens on 1 June 2013 and closes on 31 August 2013
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Applicants must provide copies of academic documentation, including academic transcripts and proof of completion from any tertiary qualification, except for qualifications completed at Edith Cowan University.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documentation presented in a foreign language is also accompanied by an authorized English translation.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Edith Cowan University, Australia
An applicant’s research experience will be taken into consideration in the assessment of applications for scholarship. Applicants are required to provide evidence of any research grants received or research that has been published.