The International Journalists‘ Programmes (IJP) are offering fellowships to up to six young Southern African PLUS Kenya journalists and up to five young German journalists. The Southern African-German Journalists‘ Bursary is intended to…
Swaziland, now known as Eswatini, is a small landlocked country in South Africa. It’s a beautiful and scenic country that attracts people from all over the world.
Swaziland is also a relatively peaceful country politically due to its monarchial system of governance.
Language: The official language of instruction in Swaziland is English, although native languages like Swazi and Zulu are widely spoken.
Tertiary Education in Swaziland
Swaziland has several tertiary institutions, including accredited public and private universities and colleges of education. These institutions offer undergraduate and post-graduate programs in different courses of study, and they also aim to develop the personal and professional skills of their students.
Top Tertiary Institutions in Swaziland
- University of Swaziland
- Southern Africa Nazarene University
- Swaziland Christian University
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- Swaziland College of Technology
Admission Requirements for Studying in Swaziland
The admission requirements for Undergraduate studies are as follows;
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCE), with a total minimum of six (6) subjects including English, Science and a Social Science subject.
- Cambridge Overseas School Certificate (COSC), with a total minimum of six (6) subjects including English, Science, and a Social Science subject.
For Post-graduate studies;
- You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree, a National/ Higher National Diploma that meets all the University requirements.
Available Scholarship Programs
- The Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
The Denys Holland Scholarship is an annual scholarship program that aims to fund the undergraduate studies of applicants from any country in the world. It is expected that these students would be unable to fund their studies at the University College London, without the support of this scholarship. Also, these students must demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Host institution: University College London.
Type of Program: Bachelor’s Degree Program in the courses offered at the University.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from all countries are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Value and Duration: The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, provided that the student continues to have satisfactory academic performance.
Interested candidates should;
- hold a valid UCL Student Number
- hold a valid UCAS Application Number (not UCAS Registration number)
- hold an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study
- be in financial need
- be able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the University
How to Apply
- Applicants must provide UCL Student Number or UCAS Application Number for applications to be considered valid.
- Completed applications and supporting documentation should be submitted
- Start your application by downloading the application form, through the University scholarship website
- University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an annual Excellence Fellowship Program to support academically outstanding and highly motivated undergraduates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
Host Institution: University of Geneva Switzerland
Type of program
The scholarship covers the funding required for a Master’s degree in the University.
The University offers it’s Master’s program in the following disciplines:
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Business & Management
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Journalism & Media
- Computer Science & IT
- Medicine & Health
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Education & Training
Eligible Nationalities: All international students are eligible to apply
Fellowship Value and Duration
The scholarship value is $10,368-$15,552.90 per year. It is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program, which is three or four semesters. The scholarship extension holds if the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
To apply for this fellowship program, you must have been academically outstanding during your Bachelor’s degree studies.
Also, you must meet the admission criteria of the Master’s program of your choice, and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
How to Apply
After you have met the eligibility criteria as described on the University’s admissions page on their website, you can now apply.
After you have registered for the fellowship through the website, you will then receive an email containing the link to the application form.
In conclusion, all about tertiary education in Swaziland, as well as available scholarship programs eligible for Swaziland citizens, have been discussed extensively in this article. So, if you meet all the requirements, then do apply for these scholarships.
The following scholarships are open for students from Swaziland to study for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Universities in-country and abroad
The University of Oxford is offering a full scholarship to students from Southern African countries to undertake postgraduate studies for the 2020/2021 academic session. Application Deadline: January, 2020 Offered annually? Yes Eligible…
The Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI) is calling for applications from lawyers based in Southern Africa to participate in a forthcoming Litigation Surgery and training on the right to freedom of expression online, rights and the…
The Africa-China Reporting Project (the Project) at Wits Journalism and partners Khetha (WWF) and VukaNow (USAID) invite journalists who report on wildlife poaching and trafficking from countries in Southern Africa (see specific countries…
Join other girls from around the world for a unique educational opportunity and rich cross-cultural experience at the 2019 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp held in Ethiopia from July 3-16, 2019. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts…