The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality. Application…
Comoros is a relatively small island country located in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa. With a population of about 850,000 people, it is amongst one of the smallest countries in Africa. The country has generally witnessed varied changes in its Education system since 1975 when it gained independence from the French Government.
Before the early 2000s, students seeking University education had to do so outside the country, but the establishment of a University in 2003 had reduced this mass education tourism to foreign Universities. There is also the option of attending specialized courses in Business, Health Sciences, Agricultural Education Training, and Teacher Training at the M’Vouni School for Higher Education, which has been functioning since 1981.
The Education system in Comoros has witnessed lots of progress and this has afforded many students the opportunity of attaining basic, secondary and tertiary education. The sector has received lots of foreign aids to facilitate teacher’s training and improve the standard of education.
Regular education reforms, donations and aids from foreign governments and organizations, is gradually turning around the education system in Comoros.
Top Scholarships Around The World For Students From Comoros
- The UNESCO/ISEDC Fellowship Program Russia: This Scholarship is open to 46 African countries. It affords participants capacity-building and human resource development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy in developing countries.
- AACE International Scholarship Program in the USA: It is open to Comoros students pursuing an undergraduate degree related to cost engineering and cost management.
- Griffith University International Student Excellence Scholarships: This Scholarship is open to high school leavers willing to undertake Undergraduate Studies.
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships for International Students: This Scholarship is sponsored by the Government of Brunei Darussalam and provides applicants with the opportunity to study at the University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University (UNISSA), Brunei Institute of Technology (ITB) and Politeknick Brunei (PB). It is open to students from ASEAN, OIC and Commonwealth countries.
- Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students: It is open to International Students seeking to study in Shanghai for an undergraduate degree.
- The University of St. Andrew Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students: Open to International Students seeking to study at St. Andrews for an undergraduate degree.
- Canada Scholarships and Awards for International Undergraduate Research Students – Trent University, Canada: The Scholarship award I tenable for up to four years of an Honours degree if the recipient is able to maintain a “B” average each year.
- Government of Turkey Undergraduate Scholarships: Open to International students from any country.
- International Students Academic Merit Scholarship in East Tennessee State University: Open to new Comoros students seeking an undergraduate degree. It covers 50 per cent of total tuition and maintenance fee only.
- Dean’s Prize Scholarships, U.S.A: It offers full-tuition awards to Comoros students of high academic merit to pursue an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Economics, Business Management & Finance in the U.S.A.
Available Scholarships in Comoros for Students From Comoros and Eligibility Criteria
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region Master Award At the University of Western Cape in South Africa, 2019. Eligibility: Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country; Must have completed a University degree not more than 6 years at the time of application; A second upper degree; Clearly show strong motivation and commitment.
- LSHTM Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund for MSc Program in UK, 2019.
Eligibility: Applicants must be citizens of a sub-Saharan African or South Asian country; This is awarded to pursue Public Health for Development course.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Scholarship Program.
Eligibility: Nationals of the 22 member countries of the League of Arab States are eligible to apply; Have a minimum of two years’ work experience; Fill in the application form for the Program; Secure admission to the Foundation’s International partner Universities.
- Lord Watson and Marshall Papworth Scholarships.
Eligibility: Open to African applicants working in natural resource-based projects and candidates who have earned a place for M.A in Rural Development, MSc in Environmental and International Development; Open to all African countries.
- TRECCAfrica Scholarships for Africans.
Eligibility: Candidates must be nationals or residents of African countries not represented by the TreccAfrica consortium; work or be associated with a Higher Education Institution; Candidates must be fluent in Language of Instruction (French & English language).
- Google Scholarships, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Eligibility: Candidate must be a female student in her final year of a Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme; Be enrolled at a University in Europe, the Middle East or Africa; Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical field; Maintain an excellent academic record (e.g a first-class honors degree).
- Dean’s Latin America and Africa Scholarship.
Eligibility: Candidate must be from an African or Latin American country; Must be exceptional academically.
Top Universities In Comoros
There is only one University in the country that offers higher learning. This is the University of Comoros, located at its capital of Moroni.
Applications for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa is now open. The RLC SA will, in collaboration with its partners, develop the 21st century skills that are the indispensable currency for participation, achievement and…
The School of Law at Birkbeck is offering postgraduate funding opportunities to incoming undergraduate students from select countries from Africa (see list of countries below). Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018 Offered annually? …
Are you an African desiring to take part in a peaceful and vibrant dialogue to discover and maintain your inner peace? Do you want to contribute to world peace but you do not know how? Peace Revolution invites you to the Second Amandla…