Students whose aim is to explore the diversity of the African culture while studying for their various degrees will find Namibia a beautiful place to study. A renowned tourism hub, Namibia is officially known as the Republic of Namibia. It is located in the southern region of Africa. It has the English language as its official language. Therefore, many students coming from other parts of Africa will find the country easy to adapt to.
Higher education in Namibia presents several options. There is the Teacher Training Colleges, whose primary objectives are to prepare students in the field of teaching; there is the Agricultural Colleges, providing students with the much-needed agricultural expertise; there is the Polytechnic, for expertise in technical education. The country also boasts of a Police Academy and National Universities. For foreign students, there is a range of international courses of study that include Economics, Media Studies, Law, Management, and Business Studies.
Namibia gained independence recently in 1990. That means higher education in the country is still in its formative stages when compared to other African countries. But a lot of developments have since occurred. The University of Namibia is her best-ranked University, with a world ranking of 2,225, according to information from Webometrics.
With the huge tourist attractions, a serene countryside, a populace that is ready to welcome foreigners, studying in Namibia may just be the perfect destination of choice for most students.
Top Scholarships Around The World For Students From Namibia
- Ampère Excellence Scholarships: This Scholarship offers an excellent opportunity for students to pursue a Master’s degree at ENS de Lyon. The Scholarship is €1000 per month for 1-2 years.
- VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme: This Scholarship offers prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. This VUFP Scholarship will cover tuition fees and no other additional allowance.
- WWMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for Developing Country Students: The Wella Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduates scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
- University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships: In collaboration with many sponsors, the University of Geneva is offering outstanding students a chance to pursue a Master of Science in any discipline covered by the Faculty of Science.
- The University of Twente Scholarships (UTS): This Scholarship is available to students from the EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries. Candidates are offered scholarships under the Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship Program. The scholarship value ranges from €3,000 to €25,000 for one year.
- ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon, USA: This is for International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit. Part of the requirements for the scholarship includes an 80-hour per year of cultural service.
- Uppsala University Global Scholarships: This Scholarship is available to international students to commence a Master’s program at the Uppsala University in Sweden. The Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition but not living expenses.
- [email protected] Scholarships: This Scholarship is for motivated and talented international students to pursue a Master’s program at Katholiek Universiteit Leuven in Belgium. The scholarship is worth up to €10,000 for one year.
- Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Programme: This Scholarship gives outstanding students from Africa, Asia, and South America the opportunity to pursue graduate degrees at Oxford University.
The Scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees and also a grant for living expenses.
Available Scholarships in Namibia for Students From Namibia
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth countries: This Scholarship is offered to citizens of developing commonwealth countries.
Eligibility: Candidates must be citizens of an eligible commonwealth country; Hold a first degree of at least second class upper; Demonstrate financial neediness.
Value of Scholarship: Each Scholarship covers travel cost, living expenses, thesis grants and tuition fees.
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships: This Scholarship is for outstanding students to pursue a Master’s degree in selected fields at Utrecht University, Netherlands.
Eligibility: Candidates must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class; Hold a non-EU/EEA passport; must have completed previous studies outside the Netherlands.
Scholarship value: It covers tuition fees plus 11.000 Euros for living expenses.
- KTH Tuition Feel Waiver for Non-EU Students: This Scholarship is hosted by the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
Eligibility: This Scholarship is granted on the basis of academic excellence; candidates must have applied for a place at KTH.
Scholarship value: The Scholarship covers tuition fees only.
- Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarships: This is for international students to pursue a Master’s degree at Maastricht University, Netherlands.
Eligibility: Candidates must be nationals outside the EU/EEA; must have been offered admission to Maastricht University; must not be over 35 years of age on 1 Sept. 2020; must demonstrate academic excellence.
Scholarship value: The scholarship covers living expenses, health and liability insurance, visa application costs, travel costs, and tuition fees.
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships: This Scholarship is for excellent students to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH, Zurich, Switzerland.
Eligibility: It is open to all international students with good results in their first degree.
Scholarship value: It covers living and study expenses, as well as a tuition fee waiver.
The available Scholarships will offer Students of Namibian origin the opportunity to study in any top-rated University around the world at little or no cost. These Scholarships are very competitive and will require applicants to apply in time.
Start here for scholarships for students from Namibia to study abroad in Germany, China, South Africa, USA, UK and other foreign Universities