The University of Edinburgh will offer 12 scholarships for distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University. Application Deadline: 6th June 2022 at 23:59 BST. Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: African and developing…
University of Edinburgh
Founded in 1582, the University of Edinburgh is one of the oldest in the United Kingdom. The university comprises of 5 primary campuses: central, king’s buildings, bio quarter, western general and Easter bush. The university’s governing body is the university court, and also serves as a legal persona for the university.
The university comprises of three colleges, which had been reduced from nine faculties in a reorganization which happened in 2002, the university also includes of over 300 undergraduate programs, 200 taught postgraduate programs and PhD students totaling over 1,600. The three colleges are Medicine and vet medicine (MVM), Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Science and Engineering (SCE). These colleges also hold within them “schools”, which are almost similar to the departments they took over from, with the university’s college of medicine and veterinary medicine standing out as one of the best medical institutions in the world.
The university has about 11 schools, one centre, and over 16,000 students with a staff size of 1,400. A wide range of subjects and research specialism is made possible by the size of the university. The university has attracted over 1,200 researchers, due to its research strength. Teaching is done over two semesters to be in line with many other universities, as the university’s initial academic year was in three terms. Ranked first in Scotland and fourth in the United Kingdom, according to the United Kingdom research Excellency framework of 2014, and is also renowned as the centre of Scottish law and medicine.
With a collection of over 2 million books, the University of Edinburgh is known to be Scotland’s most extensive library.
Courses offered at Edinburgh University
Various courses are offered at the University of Edinburgh, there are masters’ courses which include courses like:
- Master of Business Administration; this program has a duration of 12 months and is focused on immersing students in a world of current business thoughts and applied projects. IELTS is accepted as an entry result when using this course.
- MSc Computer Science; this degree aims to develop experts in everything computer science. It is a master’s program, and it has a duration of one year.
- Management MSc; focused mainly on developing practical skills, which assist in the running of a successful business, while also combining excellent management skills with the latest in management thinking in order to encompass international issues and different business characteristics and settings.
Other master’s courses being offered at the university include MSc Marketing and Business Analysis, MSc Finance, MSc International Business and Emerging Markets, MSc Electronics, MSc Human Resources, MSc Sustainable Energy Systems, MSc Marketing, MSc Informatics and MPH Public Health.
Bachelor degrees being offered by the university include:
BEng Computer Science, MA Honors International Business, BEng Software Engineering, MA Business and Finance, MA Business with Marketing, BEng Mechanical Engineering, MA Business with Human Resource Management, BEng Chemical Engineering, BEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering, BA animation all run for four years, while, Mphys Computational Physics, MChem Chemistry, Meng Civil Engineering and MBChB Medicine all run for five years.
Edinburgh University Available Scholarships
Scholarships on offer by Edinburgh University include;
- University of Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship for International Students
- University of Edinburgh Master Card Foundation Scholarships for African Students
- Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for Students in Developing Countries
- University of Edinburgh Science Communication and Public Engagement Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- University of Edinburgh Master’s Scholarship in Applied Animal Behavior and Animal Welfare for African Students
- University of Edinburgh Online Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Law School Scholarship for Students in Developing Countries.
Programs on offer by the Edinburgh University include:
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
Tuition fee details
Tuition fees differ for both EU and non-EU students, payments range from 19,000 pounds to upwards of 30,000 pounds, for the various courses on offer by the university, this fee applies to only students just commencing their programs. While for continuing students, the charges range from 15,000 pounds to 26,000 pounds.
How to Apply
Application for programs is made through the universities and college application service (UCAS), the qualifications required for entry are substantial grades, a personal statement and a reference, all of which are to be included in an applicant’s application. Next, applications are to be submitted by set deadlines put in place by the university to ensure your users are considered. The university also provides a platform for applications for applicants who wish to apply for entry from the second year, applicants who are transferring from another university and also disabled applicants.
The University of Edinburgh is one of the oldest universities in the world, with her founding date dating as far back as the fifteenth century. Looking for a school, abundant in history and replete with memoirs of the great British conquest? The University of Edinburgh offers students the opportunity to study in an environment of hope and legacy.
The University of Edinburgh UK is offering the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for full-time one year Masters study at the University. Application Deadline: 2nd June 2022 23.59 BST. Eligible Countries: developing countries. See…
The University of Edinburgh will offer a number of scholarships for online learning Masters programmes for the academic year 2022/2023 Application Deadline: 1st June 2022. Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa, South…
GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law 2022 for Kenyan Students to study at the University of Edinburgh! When is the Application Deadline: 21st April 2022 23:59 GMT. Tell Me About GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law: …
Church of Scotland/Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarships 2022/2023: The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of…