United Nation’s Women in Science (WiSci) Girls STEAM Camp 2019 for Young Women (Fully-funded to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Join other girls from around the world for a unique educational opportunity and rich cross-cultural experience at the 2019 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp held in Ethiopia from July 3-16, 2019. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, and Mathematics. The camp will include a STEAM curriculum led by experts in their fields, as well as leadership development activities and learning excursions within Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: 14th April 2019
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, United States of America
To Be Taken At (Country): Ethiopia
About the Award: The Women in Science (WiSci) camp aims to close the gender gap through access to education, mentorship opportunities, and leadership training. Girls will participate in hands-on activities to learn about various STEAM topics in a cross-cultural learning environment.
- Self-identifying girls, ages 15 to 18 at the time of the camp, with at least one year of high school remaining, who are citizens or residents of Ethiopia and the United States of America
- Applicants must have the expressed permission of a parent or guardian to apply for this opportunity.
- It is required that applicants have at least one year of secondary school still left to complete, and can commit to attend the full duration of camp. Applicants should also have regular access (at least once per week) to internet at a home, school, community center, internet café or other location.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- All selected participants will receive a scholarship to attend the camp free of charge. All costs associated with lodging, food, and activities during the camp are covered through the support of WiSci partners, in addition to transportation to/from the capital city of your home country (origin of departure).
- Participants can bring a limited amount of spending money for small souvenirs and snacks if they wish.
- Limited need-based financial assistance is available for direct costs associated with travel to the capital city to fly to the camp.
Duration of Program: June 17 – June 29, 2018.
How to Apply:
Click on the button below that corresponds to your country of citizenship or residence to begin your application.
- The deadline to complete the application is April 14, 2019 at 23:59 UTC/GMT. Please be sure to read the WiSci FAQs to ensure you are eligible and able to participate in the full camp before you apply.
- If you have trouble with the application system or would like a fillable PDF form in compliance with screen readers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any additional questions about the camp, eligibility, or the application process beyond what is covered in the FAQ page please email email@example.com.