Oxford Patrick Duncan Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023: The University of Oxford is offering a full scholarship to students from Southern African countries to undertake postgraduate studies for the 2022/2023 academic session. Application…
Mauritius, is an African island bordered by the Indian ocean. It’s known for its beaches and lagoons. Politically, it’s a relatively peaceful country, and the majority of its population comes from ethnic Africans, Indians, and Europeans; it’s safe to say that Mauritius is a melting pot for the world’s races.
Language: Although the country has no constitutionally recognized language, English and French are widely spoken, as they are languages used in education, as well as the Mauritian creole; a casual language is spoken by the Mauritian populace.
Tertiary education in Mauritius:
The country ranks number one, according to UNESCO’s list of tertiary institutions in Africa.
Tertiary institutions in the country comprised of Universities, colleges, and technical institutions, and the institutions offer high quality and affordable education to its domestic and foreign students.
Top Tertiary institutions in Mauritius;
- University of Mauritius
- Middlesex United
- Open University of Mauritius
- University of Technology
- Universitè des Mascareignes
- Greenwich University, Karachi
- Anna Medical College and Research Center
- Amity Institute of Higher education
- Grant Thornton Business School
- Mauritius Institute of Training and development.
Available Scholarship Programs
Though there are no Mauritian Government scholarship programs available now, we will look at some international scholarships available for Mauritians
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate and Master studies for African students in France
The scholarship program set up by the MasterCard Foundation aims to support the career paths of 126 talented African students and to offer a new generation of decision-makers a high-level university education in social sciences, with the aim of making them agents of change in their country of origin.
The educational approach is multidisciplinary, and offers a fundamental curriculum in social sciences – law, economics, history, political science, humanities and sociology – and a specialization on Africa, as the third year of study takes place in Africa, on a university exchange in one of Sciences Po’s partner universities on the continent.
Eligible Countries: All African countries
Type of scholarships: Undergraduate and Masters
- Amount of the grant per year: 10,000 Euro
- Interval per Year: 6,000 Euro
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be a resident and citizen of an African country
- Be in their last year of high school, and not yet started post-secondary training
- Have a very good level in French and English – Minimum level B2 (see the required language levels)
- Being in need of funding for their higher education
How to Apply
The application is made online on the scholarship website. Applicants will be asked to:
- Provide any personal information that is required
- Attach a letter of recommendation from the institution that supports their application for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship program,
- Provide information and supporting documents concerning their financial situation and their educational and extra-curricular background.
- Quebec Part- Funding Doctorate Scholarship Scheme for Mauritians
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Mauritian Nationals for a part-funding scholarship, tenable in a University in the province of Quebec in Canada, under the Quebec Part-funding Scholarship Scheme.
The beneficiary of the part-funding scholarship will pay the same University fee as Canadian students under this scheme.
Fields of study
- Literary studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Administrative Sciences, Financial Services and Management
- Educational Sciences
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Marine Sciences
- Tourism, culture and hotel management
- SC/GCE ‘O’ Level with credits in five subjects obtained at one sitting;
- HSC/GCE ‘A’ level in three subjects at Principal level obtained at one and the sitting;
- A minimum standard of Second Class Honors Bachelor’s degree
- A Masters degree
- Applicants should already be enrolled in a Francophone institution in the Province of Quebec or have already secured admission therein at the time of application.
- Evidence of enrolment or admission in a University in the Province of Quebec in Canada should be submitted along with the application form.
- Candidates must submit their research proposal in French of
- about 1500 words.
- Candidates should not have reached 40 years of age by the application deadline
Here are Scholarships for Mauritian students at international universities in USA, UK, Australia, China, and other parts of the world | study abroad for Mauritius
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality. Application…
Applications for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa is now open. The RLC SA will, in collaboration with its partners, develop the 21st century skills that are the indispensable currency for participation, achievement and…
As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of…
The International Journalists‘ Programmes (IJP) are offering fellowships to up to six young Southern African PLUS Kenya journalists and up to five young German journalists. The Southern African-German Journalists‘ Bursary is intended to…