Do you want to kick off a career somewhere in Africa? Do you have an interest to learn more than your course curriculum? Then I will recommend Angola as the country to study. Because of its unique cultures, lifestyle, languages, and natural landscapes of the country.
To make the right decision on which university to choose from can be difficult. We have the necessary details you need to make the right choice.
About the Country – Angola
Angola is a large country located in south-central Africa. It has Luanda as its capital and largest city. It has a close border with Zambia to the east, Namibia to the south, the Republic of Congo to the north, and The Atlantic Ocean to the west. Angola is the 7th largest African country and got its independence in 1975. They are the 2nd largest diamond and oil producers in Africa. Its official language is Portuguese.
According to Times Education, it doesn’t have any universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. However, the government has continued to improve the education sector by disbursing funds for projects.
Top Scholarships around the world for Students from Angola
Here is the top scholarship scheme from several organizations for Angolan Students. Likewise, candidates who desire to take their educational career to another level. The scholarship is available for different higher degree studies. For example; Undergraduate studies, Masters, Postdoctoral, and Ph. Degree. Some scholarships have a specific field of study for the grant. Check out the list below;
- University of Arizona International Tuition Award: This scholarship award is for student’s Bachelor’s Degree program. And it worth the value of $35,000. It’s issued by the University and made available for all fields of study at the University of Arizona. So students interested in the scholarship are to send in their application.
- University of Oregon’s International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarship: The scholarship is offered by the University of Oregon. It’s obtainable for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies. The scholarship scheme can be cover either partial or full tuition costs.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarships: They award scholarships for Master’s degree programs to Angola students. Thereby, supporting them to study in any of the Universities in the United States yearly. Students are able to apply for it through their foundation or U.S Embassy situated in their home country.
They have a specific field of study selected for the scholarship awards, medical students are not eligible for it. Candidates who have dual citizenship are not eligible for the scholarship.
- College of Arts and Law Doctoral Scholarships (University of Birmingham): The University gives fully-funded scholarship worth €11,000 annually to Ph.D students. The scholarship is available for some specific discipline. For example, Field of Arts and Law discipline; Philosophy; and Theology and Religion. Drama and Theatre Arts; Classics and Ancient History and more.
- University of Leeds Doctoral Scholarships: the University of Leeds provides scholarships for its candidates. It’s only for students going for Ph.D in this field of Medicine and health, the field of Art, Biological Sciences, Humanities, and cultures. The scholarship scheme can be cover either partial or full tuition costs. It’s a fully-funded scholarship for up to three years.
Available Scholarships in Angola for Students from Angola and Eligibility Criteria
Chevening Scholarships: It aims at supporting students with the best outstanding performance. And give them an opportunity to pursue 1-year Master’s Degree program in the United Kingdom. They give a fully-funded scholarships to students. Then allowing the scholars to concentrate and pursue their academic goals.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarships
- Candidate must be a citizen of Angola or Chevening qualified country
- Be able to pass Chevening English language
- You must have at least two years of work experience.
- You must return to your country of origin at least for two years, once done with the program.
Ernst & Young Scholarships (EY): They sponsor students from Angola for the scholarship by partnering with some international universities in the UK and Spain. For example, Oxford Business school, Cambridge Judge Business School, London School of Economics and IESE. The scholarship qualifies students for a year program in some courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Ernst & Young Scholarships
- Candidates must be a citizen and reside in the country.
- They must an undergraduate.
Top Universities in Angola
Here are some of the top Angolan Universities as of present;
|Universidade Católica de Angola||Catholic University of Angola||1997||Luanda||Private Higher institution & Accredited|
|Methodist University of Angola||2007||Luanda||Private Higher institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Óscar Ribas||Oscar Ribas University||2007
|Luanda||Private Higher institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Independente de Angola
|Independent University of Angola||2004
|Luanda||Private Higher institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Técnica de Angola||Technical University of Angola
|Luanda||Private Higher institution &officially Accredited|
|Universidade 11 de Novembro||November 11 University
Branch campuses: M’Banza Kongo, Buco-Zau, Soyo.
|Non-profit public higher education institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Jean Piaget de Angola
|Jean Piaget University of Angola
|2000||Viana||Private Higher institution &officially Accredited|
|Universidade Agostinho Neto||Agostinho Neto University||1962||Luanda||Public Higher institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Privada de Angola||Private University of Angola||2000||Luanda||Private Higher institution & Accredited|
|Universidade Mandume Ya Ndemufayo
|Mandume Ya Ndemufayo University.||1963||Lubango||Non-profit public higher education institution & Accredited|
The following scholarships are open for Angolan students to study for undergraduate, masters, and PhD degrees at in-country and international universities.